Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I Heart Kimchi

Last summer while visiting Uncle Vic & Aunt Sharon Uncle Vic had me try something he likes to snack on called kimchi. It is a traditional Korean dish of fermented vegetables (in this case napa cabbage) and spices.

I recently found some at my local grocer made by King's Asian Gourmet out of San Francisco that is wonderful. I am not sure if it is the same brand that Uncle Vic likes or had us try at his house.

If you like cabbage and spicy food, you will love kimchi. According to King's website, there are some amazing health benefits to eating this delicious side dish. It has even been speculated to cure the Asian bird flu!

Madison and I have taken to having some after we get home from school/work everyday. Madison says it makes her tongue tingle she also chants "this is not rotten" as she eats it.

Uncle Vic would be so proud...

No comments: