Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh Baby it's Cold Outside

I have been having a tough time getting back into the swing of things with my riding. When I was injured I was in great shape but 7 weeks of not riding and the holidays have pretty much ruined that. I am doing OK, but it is tough. The first week was the worst. I was in tears almost every day on my way back to work from the ride. It was so hard physically and maybe even harder mentally.

The weather has not been very cooperative either. In fact just yesterday, it was a whopping 16 degrees outside and snowing when we went on the ride. It was fun though, I love to ride in the show especially the first day it snows where there is all the fresh powder. On our way back to our respective offices, we spotted a guy in the middle of the road crouching down to take our picture. Turns out he is from the local newspaper and took down our names. We might be in the paper!

I think when it comes to anything that I do, I am my own worst enemy. I am just too hard on myself. I guess if I wasn't I would not be where or who I am today so it is not all bad.

I have decided that I will just take this recovery period one ride at a time.

No comments: