Sunday, January 14, 2007

Footloose

Yesterday was our first official basketball game for Madison and her cousin Anjeanette. They are on the Bobcats together. Madison is number 5 (as usual) and Nut is number 15.

I had to tell the league that they are sisters so that she could play since Nut doesn't live here in the same town as us. Nut has 3 older brothers who are all involved in sports and 4 sisters who are also active. So I signed her up and then told my sister that I would take her to practices and games so that she could play.

My sister is pretty amazing but as far as I know, she does not posses the power of being in more than one place at a time. The schedule has been pretty convenient and I have not had to do that nor has my sister had to miss a game or practice. It is easier on the whole family to be able to see both the kids play at the same time not to mention the girls think it is pretty cool to be on the same team.

The game was pretty evenly matched so that was fun. It is a recreational league so they don't put the score on the scoreboard forcing us parents to do MATH. Between the 5 adults there watching we have no idea what the final score was. I am pretty sure the Jammers won but only by a couple not that it matters right? Madison and Nut both made a basket so that was cool.

Our friend Todd is the assistant coach and he is pretty great with the girls they all love him. When they first started out with practices they were trying to teach the 3rd and 4th grade girls plays and strategy and they were just not getting it. Todd asked me what I thought and I told him that they need to shoot baskets and it will all come together. They changed the plan and it was exactly what the girls needed. They like to do drills and shoot hoops, all that other stuff makes their pretty little heads hurt.

I can't get over how much basketball resembles dancing...

No comments: