Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

My orthopedic cleared me to ride a stationary bike with the aircast on. First I had to collect it from my friend Kristy who herself is recovering from a MTB crash (hers was way more impressive than mine). She hit the trail again this week and doing great I hear. Maybe hit the trail is a poor choice of words...

After a long day at the office and a long 8 days of inactivity and eating out I hit the trainer. It was a challenge to even mount the beast. I left the clipless pedals on the bike so that I could at least clip in on the left. If there were only a way to modify this boot with the SPD's I would be totally set. Maybe I should market something like that.

Anyway, I rode the trainer at a moderate pace for 45 minutes while watching the Food Network. I started to break a sweat near the end so that is good. I just can't get going very fast with this bum leg. It hurt a little bit when I pushed it hard so I backed off.

All in all, I felt good about it. I am doing the best that I can. I did not have much pain last night so I know I did not over do it or anything but I did start to get a soar throat which only got worse overnight. I decided to stay home today and try to sleep it off. It is rather pathetic when you can't even carry your hot green tea to bed with you because you are in crutches. I am convinced that my diet of late, lack of exercise, lack of sunshine and fresh air, and stress has contributed to this 100%.

Just finished my tea and am heading off to bed...

No comments: