Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cancer Scare

Some of you know, most of you don't. We had a tumor removed from Chili's eye last week. It was on his lower right eyelid and it was ugly. When I picked him up from the vet, I was very anxious to see him and they kept me waiting forever! When they finally brought him in the room, the poor guy could hardly stand, let alone walk. He was still very groggy from the anesthesia. Add to that the big lamp shade on his neck. I had to guide him out the door so he would not run into things. I took the collar off as soon as we got out the door so he could get into the truck without killing himself. He was so messed up that he couldn't even find the truck!

When we got home, he kinda walked in circles and paced around. He got a big drink of water, walked around the couch and got another drink. He went to his bed, did a circle or two, laid down, got up, went to the water bowl... I had to lay down on the floor with him to get him to stay in one place. I have never seen him so loopy. It was sad and cute all at the same time.

He was much better the next day and seemed to be back to normal. On Sunday we took him and Bella to Nevada City for the Nevada City Classic bike race (which Lance won). A little daddy time on Father's Day...


I was trying not to think about the cancer possibilities. Not an easy task. We finally got the call on Tuesday. NO CANCER!!! WOO-HOO. He is healing up nicely and taking his meds and ointment like a big boy. He looks like a prize fighter though...

1 comment:

Robin said...

So very happy that the outcome was a good one. When my Maggie had her "bump" removed, it made me crazy with worry. She was so vulnerable and out of it. I hate seeing her that way. But it did remind me to enjoy every day we get to hang together!!

Cheers to Chili!!